With SO much information out there on nutrition it is hard to know where to start and what to eat. Some say avoid carbs, some say avoid fat, some say eat everything in moderation but what is the best way to eat. When you think of putting together a meal at ANY time of the day use the following order and you cant go wrong.
- Start every meal with some form of Protein (Lean steak, chicken, fish, eggs, nuts, seeds and lentils). Sure to help building the all important muscle and have you feeling fuller for longer!
- Fibrous Carbs– Think Vegetables and lots of different colours. High in nutrient value and low in calories
- Good Healthy Fats – Omega’s found in fish
- Fruit – at least two every day
- Starch Carbs – natural starches and grains (breads, pastas, rice etc).
Plan your meals rather than reacting when you are hungry and make sure this process is followed. You cant go wrong. Remember if you are on track to losing weight nutrient dense, high satiety foods (makes you feel fuller quicker and for longer) and calorie sparse is your aim!